Shadow Springs History
- The tasting room opened in June of 2008
- Our 2011 grape harvest was close to 40 tons
- In August of 2011 we sold the Yadkin Valley Wine Company and in December we purchased the vineyard and winery from Buck Shoals and opened Windsor Run Cellars in March of 2012
- SSV was founded in January 2005 with the purchase of pristine farmland in Hamptonville, NC.
- Our first planting was in April of that same year. We planted 2 acres of Merlot and 2 acres of Cabernet Franc.
- The following year we planted 6.5 more acres which consist of 1.5 acres of Seyval Blanc, 1.5 acres of Chardonnay, 1.5 acres of Viognier, 0.5 acre of Chambourcin, 0.5 acres of Petit Verdot and 1 acre of Cabernet Sauvignon.